When you’re experiencing dental pain or a dental injury, Pathways Dental Clinic welcomes your walk-in visit or phone call to request an immediate appointment. We proudly offer Calgary emergency dentistry to our patients, however, you don’t have to be a patient in our clinic to receive quality urgent dental care when you need treatment. Call our 24-hour helpline at 587-355-2692 if you’re in pain, have lost a filling, or simply need dental advice from our staff. We never want you to wait one minute longer than you have to when you’re dealing with a dental emergency.
5 Examples Of A Dental Emergency: When To Call
1. The definition of emergency dental care can vary from one practice to the next, so it’s important to know when it’s appropriate to contact an emergency dentist in Calgary. At Pathways Dental Clinic, we define a dental emergency as any situation that is causing the patient pain or is of concern to the patient. We want all of our patients to err on the side of caution and contact us regarding any and every concern, whether it’s pain from an abscessed tooth, a dental injury, or a lost or broken dental appliance.
2. Our Calgary emergency dentist is available around-the-clock to address serious issues that include broken teeth, severely chipped or damaged teeth, or a knocked out tooth. In a situation such as one of these, time is of the essence to save the tooth and prevent soft tissue injury from jagged or broken teeth.
3. Please call our emergency dental clinic during regular business hours or after hours if you’re in pain from a toothache, an infection, recent treatment, or for any other reason. When you call, we’ll provide over-the-phone pain management advice as well as information about how soon our dentist can see you. We know that it’s not always possible to budget for a dental emergency, which is why we offer financing options to help you pay for treatment over time.
4. Minor sensitivity to heat or cold can sometimes wait for a scheduled appointment, however, severe tooth sensitivity may not be able to wait if it’s causing you pain or an inability to sleep at night. We’d rather that you visit us than try to wait out the pain; we’ll do everything we can to get you in to see our dentist quickly.
5. Calgary emergency dentistry services can address facial swelling and redness that can cause serious concerns. If you’ve noticed swelling of the face or a rash following treatment, we need to see you right away to identify the cause of your reaction.
Isn’t it good to know there’s an emergency dentist nearby whose office is open 24-hours a day when you need to see a dentist? Don’t wait for a dental emergency to get to know our staff at Pathways Dental Clinic- call us today to schedule your first appointment. We want to see everyone in your household every 3-6 months for checkups, cleanings, and oral exams.