Article provided by: Valley View Nursing & Rehabilitation
Valley Views is a top-rated skilled nursing and rehab facility that offers highly effective outpatient rehab in Boise, ID. We offer exceptional occupational, speech, and physical therapy to our residents and guests to help them lead an independent and gratifying life.
Ways to improve old age memory
Memory loss and decline in cognitive abilities is a common problem faced by most individuals with aging. Some of the techniques that our team will employ to improve memory in our residents include:
- Cognitive training - We sharpen their memory and cognitive skills by involving them in a variety of mind games. We keep our residents mentally active by encouraging them to solve puzzles, crosswords, and play memory games, etc. We involve them in new hobbies and constantly challenge them to maintain and enhance their mental abilities.
- Life-enriching activities - We engage our seniors in life-enriching activities to ensure that they lead a stress-free life. We also make sure that all our residents get plenty of sleep and eat a wholesome diet, which keeps them physically, mentally, and emotionally fit. Also, we consistently engage them in regular exercise, which helps improve mental performance.
- Socializing with peers - While it is not uncommon for seniors to experience emotions like loneliness, sadness, and depression, we try to eliminate such thoughts in our residents by engaging them in social interactions, group activities, and regular meetings.
All our seniors offer love and support to each other and live as one big family in a home-like facility. We offer memory care and cognitive outpatient rehab in Boise, ID, at affordable prices to protect and enhance the cognitive skills in the elderly.
Conditions that benefit from physiotherapy
Physiotherapy offers several benefits to seniors and post-operative patients. It helps avoid surgery by improving the pain and symptoms of several pain-related conditions. Some of the health conditions that improve with physiotherapy include:
- It is highly effective in treating a variety of cardiopulmonary conditions including chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), post-myocardial infarction (MI), and cystic fibrosis (CF)
- Patients suffering from conditions like carpal tunnel syndrome and trigger finger show considerable improvement to hand therapy
- It helps overcome chronic back pain, rotator cuff tears, temporomandibular joint disorders, and other complaints related to musculoskeletal dysfunction
Physiotherapy also improves the quality of life in stroke survivors and patients who have Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, and traumatic brain injuries. Our expert physiotherapists also offer exceptional physiotherapy for pediatric and sports-related injuries.
Preventative measures for dementia
Dementia has no cure, but there are ways in which you can manage the symptoms. Besides medications, there are certain non-drug approaches to improve the quality of life in patients. Occupational therapy can equip patients with effective coping behaviors to prevent and overcome accidents and falls. Furthermore, dementia patients need to live in an environment that is free from clutter and noise. Their environment should have navigation signs in every nook and corner to avoid confusion in patients.
Visit Valley Views today for a tour around our facility and more information on our outpatient rehab in Boise, ID. We are among the few centers in Idaho with a secured dementia unit.Outpatient Rehab Boise Id